Choosing your adventures will be the only challenge.
From castles, rafting, biking, swimming, historical tours, golfing and hiking.. there is more than enough to keep you busy and having fun in Merano. The challenge will be CHOOSING what to do. And remember many of these activities will be organized.
- Walk the Sissiweg from the centre to the Botanical Gardens, 1 hour, visit the Botanical Garden and/or the museum. Walk back or take bus n. 4. Learn more here.
- Walk the Gilfpromenade and the Tappeinertrail, starting in the centre, you can extend it to a real “hike”. Learn more here.
- Relax in the Terme, swimming pools and spa. Enjoy here.
- Stroll through Meran’s old town, the arcades, visit museums, churches, our little city-castle, look for the wall and entrance doors to Medieval Meran, stop for a coffee along the river Passer.
- Walk a scenic walking route along the old irrigation systems. Learn more here.
- Rent a bike and discover the area – if you are a group of approx. 10 people, book a guided tour directly with Mrs Schnitzer (including tour guide, helmet, bikes). Learn more here.
- Visit the famous Castle of Dorf Tirol with exhibition or visit the birds’ care centre and its flight demonstrations right there. Or visit the Brunnenburg, former home of poet Ezra Pound. Walk from your accommodation, take the bus or your rental car. There’s a walking promenade from the village centre/parking areas to the castle, easy walk for about 10-15 minutes, there’s a 1-2 minutes steep hike up to the castle at the end. Learn more here.
- Take the cable cars in Meran (Meran 2000 area), Dorf Tirol (Mut) or Saltaus (Hirzer) to reach our hiking areas on 2000 meters. Go there by bus or your rental car. Learn more here.
- For the Golfers who’d like to experience the Passeier-valley golfing. Mrs. Schnitzer plays golf and can book your Golf-experience. Go there by bus or your rental car. Learn more here.
- Thrilling experience with the Alpine Bob on Meran 2000. Learn more here.
- … or doing a rafting tour on the Passer – if you are a group of approx. 10 people, book your boat directly with Mrs Schnitzer. Go there by bus or your rental car. Learn more here. Or see http://südtirolrafting.com/en/
- For those who’d like to stay longer for some hiking experiences, there are more than enough options. Check this out.